New York, New York
The Network for Religious and Traditional Peacemakers (the Network) was founded in 2013 as a concrete response to the growing awareness among peace mediation organization and the United Nations, that religious and traditional actors are vital, but underutilized, actors in peacemaking processes. Since its founding, the Network has grown into a community of peacemakers ranging from grassroots religious and traditional actors to international NGOs, think tanks, and academic institutions. The Network strengthens peacemaking through collaboratively supporting the positive role of religious and traditional actors in peacebuilding processes and through connecting them to national and international peacebuilders. Since its founding, the Network Secretariat has been hosted by Finn Church Aid (FCA), Finland’s largest development agency and provider of humanitarian aid, while the steering body of the Network, the Core Group, consist of variety of actors from UN Agencies to Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Religions for Peace and KAICIID Dialogue Center.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the Network, the Specialist on Inclusive Peace will strategically advance the inclusion of women, youth and minority groups in peacebuilding through the Network, ensure inclusivity is mainstreamed across Network programs and coordinating partnerships with inclusivity working group members as well as other key Network members and partners.
- Continue to further develop the existing, country-level processes on inclusive peace support
- Coordinate the research and knowledge development on inclusive peace processes with Network partners
- Coordinate the Network’s Inclusivity Working Group and lead the development of Network inclusivity work
- Coordinate and advance partnerships with UN Agencies and other Network partners and establish new strategic partnerships on inclusivity with other organizations
- Technically support the Network Secretariat in inclusiveness of projects, events, trainings, communications, and internal procedures
- Plan and deliver quality trainings (including inclusivity focused and non-inclusivity focused) and capacity building for the Network Secretariat, Advisory Group, and Network members
- Support developing funding proposals on inclusive peace processes for various country-contexts
- Ensure that inclusivity is applied through monitoring, evaluation and reporting of Network programs
- Frequent and pro-active interaction with the Network Secretariat and FCA staff in Helsinki, Finland, and globally
- Frequent and pro-active interaction with Network members and partners around the globe
- Represent the Network at international fora, conferences, and relevant meetings
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in gender equality/inclusivity in peace and development cooperation programming
- At least 5 years of experience in working in multi-cultural and inter-religious contexts
- At least 2 years of experience in working in field operations for gender/inclusivity, peacebuilding and/or development cooperation
- Excellent knowledge of organizations working in the peace-building field, understanding of global peacebuilding architecture and existing networks
- Excellent networking skills and experience in advocacy
Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team, with capacity to receive and accept constructive feedback, take initiative, proactively manage work, and demonstrate solid problem-solving skills. Sound organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure is essential. Must be able to quickly grasp and accurately implement conceptual plans in a timely manner with attention to detail. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills a must, with proficiency in Microsoft Office and online meeting tools. Must be an outgoing team player who enjoys helping others.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com detailing your interest in the Network, your relevant experience and your expected salary. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
FCA Americas is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, or other factors protected by law. Successful completion of a background investigation is required.