The Middle East Women’s Leadership Network (MEWLN) assists women in creating peace-promoting media. MEWLN helps develop strategic partnerships between peace actors, policymakers, security experts, creatives, and women of faith to create media-based projects for peace building purposes. Launched in 2013, the network convenes women change agents, encourages collaborative partnerships and challenges them to create a practical plan for media engagement. As result of our network gatherings, trainings, mentoring and follow up efforts, several innovative media projects have developed for the MENA region. www.mideastwomen.org.
- Host media forums to provide peace-promoting media training.
- Spotlight the needs and the contributions of women in peace building efforts.
- Showcase media experts, innovations, & collaborations for the MENA region.
- Emphasize story telling, branding and social media strategies to expand our peace outreach.
- Explore important trends, exchange expertise, and encourage innovative media.
- Develop focus groups that can research and respond to field driven initiatives.
- Encourage participants to co-author goals.
- Share critical trends, opportunities and document them for potential projects.
- Partner together to create collaborative media projects.
As a result of networking, training and mentoring initiatives, participants have launched the following media projects:
- Satellite TV Programs
- Short Films
- Book Projects
- Radio Programs
- Feature Length Films
- Internet Projects